My experience has been that my windows were redone when my 1986 boat was about 13 years old, and now, 15 years after that, I have zero leaks. That is why I question the eagerness to experiment. For me, Plexis has proven itself. If you had to replace your windows after only 5 years and they were leaking even before that, I suspect a problem with the installation, not the Plexis.

Bill Bina