From: Ron Casciato [mailto:rjcasci...@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:36 AM
To: Della Barba, Joe; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: RE: Stus-List oldest sail contest

Joe:  I also have a 170 Genoa that came with my boat (1978).....but I've4 never
used it.  Where do you lead the sheets for a 170.  My 38MKII uses a 155
regularly and that sheet leads almost back to the winch.  I figured that the
previous owner (or the original owner) used the transom corner fitting for a
turning block location.

Incidentally, I have the original IOR rating certificate listing the 170 with a
penalty of about 3-4 seconds...........to offset that, the owner shortened the
main luff dimension by about 3 feet..........balanced out his penalty..........

Always wondered how you would trim that much sail since it comes back to within
a couple of feet of the transom...........Sail bag is labeled H1....North
Special 170 Genoa.

Someday I'll have to get it out and just set it up to see where it

Best,

Ron C.