Hi Jimmy,

Good to talk with you again. You mentioned *Inferno II* being in the San
Francisco area. Do you know precisely where she is? We have been trying to
track her down.

I think most people remember that *Inferno II* debuted in the 1968 SORC
which was won overall by *Red Jacket*. However, *Inferno* went on the rocks
when entering Lucaya and pounded there all night. Most observers were
shocked that she was towed off next morning without taking on one drop of
water. She was towed back to Florida for repairs, but never did achieve the
celebrity status of *Red Jacket*. However, what she did do was demonstrate
the strength and durability of cored fiberglass construction. Charlie
Morgan has a good quote on the subject in "Heart of Glass".

Rob