Hmmm

That reminds me.  Last month I came across an unused EPIRB that my Dad bought
in the early 80s.  Is the technology still the sme and would it be worthwhile
replacing the batter?

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Joel Aronson
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 4:07 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List EPIRB selection

All,

I need to buy a new EPIRB - the current one is too old for a battery
replacement.  (I'll keep it as a spare as long as it tests OK.)

I am looking at a Type II with GPS.  ACR has 2 models.  One has "idiot lights";
the other has a digital display.  The digital display is $180. more.  The more
expensive one has a better rebate, but I don't need 2 of the 3 freebies.  I can
take the $50 cash rebate on the cheaper one and get what I need.

Would you buy the cheaper one or go for the fancy display?

Here they are:

http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1%7C344%7C2028709&id=2028728

Thanks in advance!

--