From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Rod Randow
via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:53 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Exhaust hose replacement for 33-1

With all the talk about the 3/4 tons and the 33-1, how do you replace the
exhaust hose on the 33-1? Have any 33-1 owners had the exhaust hose replaced?

I would like to replace the exhaust hose, muffler to transom, on my 33-1. The
issue is removing the hose from the “tailpipe” on the reverse transom. There
are two round inspection ports high up on the aft cockpit wall but the distance
from each to the hose clamps is probably four feet. Without cutting new lower
ports, the approach from the cockpit does not seem to be a option. Cutting a
large opening(s) near the cockpit floor is something I would greatly like to
avoid.

Approaching the hose clamps from the starboard cockpit locker (open space from
saloon bulkhead to transom except for enclosed port quarter berth) I can barely
reach the rudder quadrant and the clamps are probably another 3-4 feet further
aft. Maybe removing the gas tank and rudder quadrant, because the center
section is deeper in this IOR narrow and pointy transom, a very skinny person
with long arms might be able to reach the clamps. See diagram below.

Have any owners with a similar configuration had the exhaust hose replaced? The
exhaust hose actually makes a loop high up into this transom section before
exiting at the fitting. Any suggestions, tips, tricks on how to remove the hose
clamps and hose from the fitting are welcome.

Use Courier font for drawing (not to scale):

             ___

            /   |

           /    ()

          /     |