Greg,

I got a custom track extension and gate made by Tom Luque, at Mastgate.
MastGates.com  Tom was very helpful in designing and sending me a system that
worked for the mast in my C&C35 II (original spar, 1974). He will certainly
work with you to design something specific.  I wanted to extend my track
(molded right into the mast) below the opening so the slugs would slide all the
way down to the boom. Basically he fabricated two SS pieces that screwed onto
each side of the opening.  In the end, I got a friend to machine two pieces of
aluminum bar and screwed them into the mast instead, but I think the mast gate
system would have worked if I had pursued it.  I can provide more information
and pictures if you contact me off-list.

Eric