As others have stated, it depends on the power requirements of the
component but I wouldn't do it.  The trickle charger has to put out more
than 12v to charge the batteries so you run the risk of too much voltage
and not enough current.  As an alternative...Years ago I would charge
batteries for RC cars from a 12v auto battery.  To keep the auto battery
charged I would attach a 10amp battery charger that plugged into the wall.
This arrangement is quite similar the way backup power supplies work as
well as the way most of our shore power charger/battery/12v circuits work
on the boat.  Lawn and garden (U1) batteries are cheap ($30) and perfect
for a project like this.  Or maybe you already have an old 12v sitting
around.  Even a motorcycle battery would be big enough for just about
everything except an inverter, a radar, or a anchor windlass.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD