Hi Joel,

I think your idea makes sense.   In fact my tank has two fittings and two PVC
pipes that reach down to the deep section of a V-birth shaped holding tank.
One for deck and one for overboard marcerator pump.  No matter what sanitation
hose you use, it will permeate smell.  Mine were replaced in 2004, and I
started getting complaints by 2009.

Sanitation is on my list this winter.  We live aboard in the summer and the
smell is driving my girlfriend crazy, especially if we don’t pump out weekly.
I was told through numerous industry folks and liveaboards to replace
sanitation hose with PVC.  To keep PVC from cracking,  use small section of
sanitation hose at the ends of each run to absorb vibration.

Petar Horvatic

Sundowner

76 C&C 38MkII

Newport, RI