Joe wrote:
When you have had the same boat since 1977, the PO idiot ends up being YOU.

Tell me about it! The other thing is cruising repairs when proper materials aren't available, or when it's 105F and one isn't thinking very well and one has to get the job done right now. There are quite a few things on this boat that I know a new owner would just think 'Why the heck did that idiot do that' and the answer is 'Because I had to...'

And there are those installations for which I did a 20 year job, thinking that by the time it breaks I'll be dead. Hmmm. I suppose I should be thankful...

Wal