Our 30-2 has 20 hp Universal and easily reaches hull speed in light to calm
conditions.  Originally it was powered by an 18 hp Universal that netted 16.

Allen Miles
s/v Septima

From: Robert Abbott via CnC-List
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 3:41 PM
To: Danny Haughey ; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 37+ engine size

Danny:
Some say if you have one hp per foot of boat, you are adequately powered for a
sailboat.  A 35 hp diesel in a 37+ seems adequate to me.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015/01/10 12:30 PM, Danny Haughey via CnC-List wrote:

  Hi Guys,

  I'm eyeing a 1989 37+  but it has a 35 HP universal diesel.  That, seems kind
of small for a nearly 40' boat.  doesn't it?

  Danny

at:

at: