Skip,

I'd start by replacing the Schaffer block for the green (spin?) halyard.
Those nylon sheaves have had 40 years of sun and were not the robust to
start with.  The spreaders defintely need attention, but you will know more
when the covers are removed.

Joel
35/3
Annapolis

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Burt Stratton via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I had committed a couple weeks ago to take some pics of my halyard sheaves
> among other things for another lister. I posted some that might be helpful.
>

> There are also pics of my spreaders. My lowers seem to be in need of
> repair or replacement. I obviously need to clean off the protective tape
> and expose the ends / turnbuckles, etc. but there seems to be a fair amount
> of corrosion, even cracking. When the weather improves a bit I will head
> back down to get a better look. I would consider it a huge favor for
> someone with some experience in the review of rigging to take a look and
> comment. I hope these links work. It was a little more work than it should
> seem to be to get these on Google Drive.
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jlbdmQzvxLRXhXbUE3eUo4X0U/view?usp=sharing
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jlbdmQzvxLaXQyTExEbEJybzg/view?usp=sharing
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jlbdmQzvxLc3NHS0hIY2syXzA/view?usp=sharing
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jlbdmQzvxLUWhvUmVxZUJrTEk/view?usp=sharing