A lister (whose name I've lost) posted this hard-won formula a few years
ago. I have used it several times, and its a perfect match to the factory
finish (which is definitely a warm brown stain) on my 1980 30-1.

    Minwax Wood Finish (Stain)    1 part Provincial (211)      2 parts
Golden Pecan (245)    2 parts Colonial Maple (223)

Mix, apply, wipe off.

Nate
"Sarah Jean"
Siskiwit Bay Marina
Lake Superior

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 12:19 AM, David Blair via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Jim I had the same question as one could see bits of stain onto the backs
> of some pieces. The old guy at the Lumberworld on Quadra took one look at
> it and reached for the Watco Danish Oil Cherry and it matched perfectly on
> the unstained back of an original piece.  Likely they used that product to
> get more consistent color across the varying teak tones. I used it on my
> last little teak project – 1 or 2 coats – excellent results. Cheers

at: