Love my M4-30, smooth as silk and plenty power for my 35 MKII with the H5
Autoprop.  Normal wear and tear stuff, like belts and filters available at
NAPA, haven't needed any other parts yet but it is essentially a Kubota
diesel so I expect you could find just about anything you need...check
Torresen Marine http://www.torresen.com/service/engine/
The M4-30 replaced an A4 in my 35 MKII and I think it was made as a drop in
replacemnet for the A4 in terms of space required and mounting... I think
that since you had an A4 in your 29 it will fit OK and it will power the
boat well IMHO.

Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, *Alianna*
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS