From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of
Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2015 5:01 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Latest Chartplotters.

My response to Chuck got scrubbed again.. I need to stop trying to send from
the phone...

Here goes:

The laylines are not necessarily set at any particular angle.. That's the
genius of it. It analyzes how you are pointing / running relative to
apparent wind speed, current, tides, direction, wind shifts, and boat speed
then does the trigonometry for the layline angle that gives the optimal tack
/ jibe point to max-out your vmg to waypoint.

During that race I followed it precisely, gained 2 tacks over 5 miles..

Sent from IBM Notes Traveler

Chuck S --- Re: Stus-List Latest Charplotters ---

"Chuck S" <cscheaf...@comcast.net>

"Jean-Francois J Rivard" <jfriv...@us.ibm.com>, "CNC boat owners, cnc-list"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com>

Sat, Jan 31, 2015 2:01 PM

Re: Stus-List Latest Charplotters

  _____

That zeus sounds interesting.    Would be nice to have the laylines.  Are
they set at 45 dgrees?  Can you set them lower?

Chuck
Regards

  _____

François Rivard

 4111 Northside Pkwy, Nw

Big Data Black Belt

 Atlanta, 30327-3015

IBM Sales & Distribution, Software Sales

 Usa

Mobile:

770-639-0429

e-mail: