From: "Charles Nelson via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "Tracy Hirsh" <tracyh1...@gmail.com>, "cnc-list@cnc-list.com"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Robbie Epstein" <repst...@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Navtec pump service
Date: Wed, Feb 4, 2015 10:21 PM

I may live so far out "...in the sticks..." in Eastern NC that "...we have to
import the sticks 😄..." but we have many hydraulic shops, mostly because we
have a lot of farm and logging equipment in use.

I had my Navtec unit (after about 15 yrs in use) seals replaced, cylinders
smoothed/rebored?, etc. for about $300 at one of these a few years ago.

Compared to the size and complexity of most equipment these shops deal with, my
Navtec unit was a piece of cake, especially to the "...good old boys..." who
are used to more complexity and quicker turn-arounds. (If you have contracted
with an equipment lessor to get your crop planted, fertilized, harvested, etc.
during a certain time interval, you or they cannot afford to wait for a 2-3
week repair time!)

With appreciation to those "actual rocket scientists" on the list, this
repair/rebuild does not even approach rocket science. It's a hydraulic cylinder
for Heavens sake! The fact that it is used on a sailboat may inflate the repair
cost (if it is repaired by a rigging shop) but at the end of the day it is a
simple hydraulic cylinder.

Charlie Nelson
Water Phantom
C&C 36 XL/kcb