Dan,

That's pretty funny - if its not your boat!  I would remove the bracket and
check to make sure that if it is wood core at that location it is not
rotted.  If it is, it may not be a big deal if it is just around the hole.

I assume you mean genoa track and car?  Yes, you move the car forward for a
jib.

Joel
35/3
Annapolis

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Dan Utinske via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I've been fighting a leak for a while and with the persistent rain here in
> the PNW finally found the culprit.  The aft deck brackets for the spinnaker
> pole hardware had not been tightened, worse yet I found a 3/8" ratchet
> drive with a 7/16" socket jammed up in the overhead rusted to one of the
> bolts; had to use WD40 to dislodge the tool.  Seems someone was mid-stream
> on installing the bracket and became distracted.  Good thing is I found
> the leak and hopefully have eliminated it. All along I thought it was the
> toe rail or Genoa rail which brings me to the question:  If there's a Genoa
> rail, what does one use for the jib?  I assume the same rail, is that a
> correct assumption?
>
> Dan
> C&C 26' "Only Time"

Joel