  From: PME via CnC-List
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 12:24
  Subject: Re: Stus-List Window Installation - 1985 41

  Hi,

  Nice discussion.  I am looking to replace my window lenses soon too(likely go
w/ 1/4” grey Lexan).  I like the idea of using 3M’s VHB tape along with an
adhesive/sealant.  I have read somewhere (I lost the link) of folks using VHB
with black 3M 4000/UV with great results.   I have used 4000/UV in the past for
deck hardware and hatch rebedding, and I like it’s ease of use.    Has anyone
use 4000/UV on lexan/plexi windows?

  I found the link below which provides  a nice description of various marine
sealants .  It specifically lists 4000/UV as well suited for use with plastics.
  http://blog.dankim.com/2009/04/24/marine-sealants/

  -
  Paul E.
  1981 C&C Landfall 38