From: "Dennis C. via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "CnClist" <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:18:24 PM
Subject: Stus-List Handheld VHF with GPS and DSC

Dammit, Joel. Now you started something. I was perfectly happy with my handheld
VHF until you got me looking at the new ones.

Mentioned it to the Admiral. She kinda likes the idea. We started asking
ourselves why we would need a handheld VHF with GPS and DSC. We have DSC, AIS,
all that stuff in the fixed unit. The only time we use the handheld is in the
dinghy.

We came up with a few "justifications" for the upgrade. Like:

    * a health emergency while we were in the dinghy
    * attaching it to a throwable and tossing it to a MOB
    * keeping it clipped on the bowman in case he (me) goes overboard
    * we can sell the old one on eBay
    * we just want one
C'mon listers, why else would we pop for a new handheld VHF?

FYI, I'd probably buy the Standard Horizon HX870 for $210.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA