From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of mike
amirault via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 7:09 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List cockpit drains freezing

NS has seen many freeze thaw cycles this winter. After a fairly substantial
rainfall this weekend, I found the bilge on my C&C 33mkii was full to the top.
This seemed like too much water to have run down the mast so I investigated and
found that one of the hoses on my cockpit drains was frozen solid and popped
the hose off the barbs of the drain. My boat is not covered at this time(tarp
was sagging too much) so there is a lot of water in the cockpit.  I'm thinking
there may be a low spot in the hose causing water to freeze there rather than
draining. The drains on my C&C are criss-crossed, i.e., port drainst to stbd,
&stbd to port. Just wondering how other owners in a freezing climate deal with
this issue?