Brad — Graham’s advice is smack on.  If your old drive still works (and is
adequate for the boat’s displacement), you can use it with a new autopilot
control unit.  If you’re going with the EV-100, you’ll still want to have the
p70 control head; you can enable/disable the pilot from the a95, but
configuration of the pilot’s settings pretty much requires that you have the
head, too.  Also, it’s the prudent thing to do, in case the a95 tanks on you
for some weird reason.  Having a dedicated button to disable the pilot, rather
than having to go through a menu, reduces the chance of hitting something hard
when you don’t want to.

You’ll need a basic SeaTalkNG network between the i50/i60 instruments, the a95
and the EV-100 course computer; not too huge an investment in $$$, but you’ll
want to make sure that it’s designed properly to ensure its reliability.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis