Have you tried cleaning both the brass pick up in the shower basin as well as
the screened filter plumbed in just before the pump? Works every time for me.
Allan30-2 #90

      From: Kevin Driscoll via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 Sent: Monday, March 9, 2015 5:03 PM
 Subject: Stus-List Jabsco Shower Sump Pump Replacement

I've got a Jabsco 36970, 2.8gpm diaphragm pump for emptying out the shower sump
in the head of our 30-2.Similar to this one:
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/jabsco--diaphragm-bilge-pump-4gpm-3-4-port--109951
It hasn't worked since got the boat (gets juice, piston moves up and down, but
no suction. I took it off the boat this weekend but haven't had a chance to
open it up yet. I presume it needs a service kit, but they are $99 USD at
defender. Which seems like a lot of $ for rubber for a 25 yo pump.
Question is: Is there an alternative pump that I might consider purchasing
(other than a hand pump) that would work for very occasionally pumping out a
shower sump? Ideally cheaper is better.
Thanks