Personally, I think you should always have TefGel on board. I find myself using it often, as it's famous for avoiding corrosion between dissimilar metals.

However, for electrical connections I believe that dielectric silicone will work fine. I also have that on board. These days I use SuperLube Dielectric Silicone, which is much cheaper than Ancor and so far has not let me down.

Wal

Rick wrote:
Before I order TefGel using Dennis’ link, can anyone comment on the differences
between that and the suggested alternates, or the suitability of the
alternatives?