My LF38 forestay was just attached to the cast aluminum bow rollers, which were bolted to a large backing plate glassed into the deck. All the forestay stress was placed on two tabs of cast aluminum, which caused me a great deal of worry. I've since replaced it with a SS plate and rollers, which also wraps down over the bow and is bolted to the hull.

So I'd take a really good look at it. It looks like there is more than one configuration.

Wal