You are correct - it is Globalstar and they did have problems with the first
generation satellites.  This phone works with the second generation satellites
that were launched about two years ago.  I have one and it's excellent.  It
starts up and locks on satellites faster than I can start my cell phone and the
voice quality is excellent.  The data is slow, but that's true for any of the
systems.

Joel - if you want to try it, I'd be happy to let you.  I have a lot of minutes
left from last year that will expire, so great if we use some.

Steve
C&C 37
Impromptu

Steve Sharkey