The hatch repair shop (Hatchmasters) suggested that in my case I might be
better of replacing my Bomar foredeck hatch instead of sending to him to
rebuild.   It was a good conversation and I appreciated his product knowledge
shared honestly. So I purchased the closest Bomar model from the 1039 series.
My issue is the old hatch sits on top of the deck, but the new one has a
flange.  To fit the flange plus Bomar's trim ring I need to enlarge the hole by
3/4 inch (3/8 each side).  I decided to use a router and made a template.
Tried that yesterday  and found the deck is tough, with solid epoxy between the
skins.  The router basically bounced off.  I did it from underneath because the
hatch sits in a recess topside.  I probably won't try that again as I couldn't
the router.

Before I hack up my deck and any body parts, checking with this group for
comments or ideas?

Thanks.
Tom O'KeeffeBridie Mae
1984 C&C 29-2Douglaston, NY