No matter what boat you are considering, it is likely that it will at least
have a cored deck.  IMO there is a better chance something is wrong with
the deck than with the hull.  Few if any modifications are made to the hull
by the POs.  The decks OTOH have likely had all types of additions and
modifications.  Many manufacturers will layup solid areas around the hull
penetrations but neglect to do the same with the decks.  Be very scrupulous
around all of the hardware (winches, deck organizers, cleats, jammers,
clutches, pad eyes, dodger mounts, handrails).

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons,  MD