Thanks Dennis,  very good suggestion.  Spoke with MapTech and will be ordering
chartbooks 7,9, and 10.

Lloyd

From: Dennis C.
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:05 PM
To: lklarchite...@gmail.com ; CnClist
Subject: Re: Stus-List Chartbook Question

Lloyd,

I have the MapTech Chartkit for my region and really, really like it.  They
aren't cheap but having all the large and smaller scale charts in one easy to
use package is great.  The different scale charts are very handy for vessels
making coastal passages and then moving to ICW or inland waters.  You can look
at the big picture on a small scale chart then switch to a large scale chart
when you enter a port or harbor.

Even though I've made the transit dozens of times, I keep the chartkit on the
dining table for quick reference.

After a looong hiatus, Maptech just came out with the 4th edition of the Region
16 New Orleans to Panama City chartkit.  I didn't waste any time buying a copy.
 My old spare 3rd editions are still valuable.  I've sold one already and have
one on eBay.  I have yet another.

You may consider grabbing used, older editions for the regions you need from
eBay.  There will be differences between editions.  I've noticed some in my
area.  For instance, the Marianne Channel near Cat Island in Mississippi Sound
has been renumbered.  Some shoals may have moved slightly but not much.

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83

Mandeville, LA

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:37 PM, LKL via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>