From: CnC-List [cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] on behalf of Josh Muckley via
CnC-List [cnc-list@cnc-list.com]
Sent: April 28, 2015 11:48 PM
To: C&C List; David Knecht
Subject: Re: Stus-List rig tuning

David,

It depends on if you have swept spreaders.  To my knowledge C&C didn't sweep
the spreaders.  Hunters OTOH are known for their swept spreaders.  Swept
spreaders pull the mast aft and create head stay tension.  Without swept
spreaders the backstay is about all there is.  Some boats have running backs or
check stays.  When everything is loose the topping lift and mainsheet are the
remaining support.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Apr 28, 2015 10:21 PM, "David Knecht via CnC-List"
Hi Dennis- I realize that you would generally tighten the forestay with the
backstay as the wind increases.  However, that assumes some starting point of
how much sag there is with no backstay tension and it is that starting point
that I am unsure how to set. I am presuming that there can be such a thing as
too much sag because the forestay turnbuckle is set too loose.   Dave

On Apr 28, 2015, at 10:10 PM, Dennis C.