I made new ones from G10 fiberglass. see <http://www.wbryant.com/StellaBoat/hauls/0811/k011.jpg> G10 handles compression loads very well. It has held up for 7 years, and I don't see a problem. If yours are wedged shaped, machining the material to fit can be a challenge. Also, if your 'spacer' cracked it may have been because it was bridging over a gap or uneven spot in the bilge. G10 does *not* handle that kind of stress well, either. I broke one of my little spacers because it was supported on the ends but had some air in the middle around the bolt. I made a new spacer, set some epoxy thickened with colloidal silica around the problem area, and put the spacer down with some waxed paper underneath to avoid epoxying the thing into the boat. I used the nut to press the spacer into place and ensure that it was aligned right with the bolt. After everything cured, I pulled it up, and when we set the keel for good we caulked the living heck out of it.

Note that I didn't have the spacer things before. I set them there to keep the nuts and washers off the bilge floor, so they wouldn't sit in standing water.

Wal