West Marine Gold Advantage is Towboat/US. But the coverage is limited.
Something like $50 per incident. It is the same as the basic coverage you
get with a Boat/US membership for $7.95. In fact, your Boat/US number will
be the same as your West Advantage number.

Generally any boat insurance (like Allstate or Progressive) will include
some on-water towing coverage. But you must pay for the service and apply
for reimbursement. Friends got full payment for the ungrounding of their
Endeavor 35 insured by Progressive, but reimbursement took 6 months.

I have Boat/US as part of my West Advantage membership. I also have a SeaTow
membership with unlimited towing that costs about $160 per year. I've only
used it once in something like 14 years, but given the number of hazards I
navigate going up and down the ICW and the number of OPBs of uncertain
condition I am on in the course of a year, I figure the additional coverage
is justified.

On the subject of inexpensive boat insurance: I see a lot of policy
declaration pages for the insurance policies of the boats in the marina
where I am the dockmaster. Just today I got a policy declaration from
Boat/US for a 40 foot Marine Trader with a declared value of $54000 - and
the policy had $750,000 for the limit on oil spill coverage. Just down the
dock is a 28 foot Cape Dory trawler with insurance by Progressive. Something
like $10K limit for oil spill, but the Progressive policy does have road
service coverage for the (non-existent) boat trailer. Not all "boat
insurance" is created equal. Be sure you are getting the coverage you need.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC