Hi Mike,

I've seen other Frers 33's that detach the rear end of their lifelines to
create a large "gate" into the cockpit.  That would mean replacing the end
fitting with a pelican hook (and presumably shortening the wire).  The gate
isn't then at maximum beam, but it's not bad, and you can adjust the dock
lines to make it better for boarding and it should mean little modification.

Tim
Mojito
C&C 35-3
Branford, CT