Hi Curtis,

My boat is different but I was in 18-25 knots with elderly guests (4 in
their mid 70's)  a few weeks back.  To keep it on the easy side we put 2
reefs on the main and sailed main only while getting out of the marina
area.. As soon as we got clear water, we deployed the genoa (and furled it
to about 100%) the boat became more balanced, easy going, and was actually
heeling less than on main only..
On the other hand, when the winds are more moderate main only seems fine
if a good bit slower.  It seems that going with the main only in strong
winds just puts her in a pi$$y mood.

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
lake Lanier, GA

I sailed this past Sunday with 18 to 20 with 25 gust. I had just the main
with no head sail. The man was not reefed.
I had to fight the helm all after noon. Should I have reefed and raised
the
110% head sail? Would she have better balanced? Also my inner shroud was
slack like 3" to 4 " on the lee side? is that normal or is it too loose?
Thanks for your thoughts.

S/V East Coast Lady,
1981 C&C 30 MK1 HIN #
675