One old trick for tightening a bushing on a shaft is to centre punch the
bushing (gudgeon) around the shaft (pintle) hole. That will spread the metal
around the shaft enough to remove minor slop. It’s not the best way to fix a
problem but will work for a while until you can do a permanent repair.

Rich Knowles
Nanaimo, BC
INDIGO LF38
Boatless!