Hi Joe,

The 35 lb'der will be okay as a "lunch hook", occasional, or whatever you want to call. It can even be considered big for that service.

Serious cruising where you have many more nights/year on the hook and very little discretion on when to stay overnight at anchor means a minimum 45# is in order. More chain helps too and getting the hook down before Happy Hour is better.

On the 35 footer, I've been summer cruising with a "temporary" 22# Delta plow and 10 fathoms of chain for 5 years now. I've got an appropriate 33# Bruce Lee once I get my bow roller & winch installed. :)

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1