As you begin to regulate higher amperage and voltage you can have the same
considerations as alternator regulators and smart chargers.

Battery type influencing bulk and float voltages ... can they be programmed
or adjusted on the cheapest regulator.

Do you need a way to dump to some shunt when batteries are fully charged
... usually not a problem for solar but significant for wind.

MPPT controllers converting over-voltage typical in solar to useful
amp-hours at standard voltages gives higher efficiency in good conditions
if you need it ... at a modest price premium.

Ed

Prime Interest
1982 LF38

Toronto