Hi Dave,

My 1990 34+ does have the + in the Hin number.  It's imprinted on the Hull
that way and it's in the boat's official USCG docs as well (Here:
http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/pls/webpls/cgv_pkg.vessel_id_list )

My Hin is ZCC34+34B090.   It did create a little bit of a fuss with the
insurance as the unorthodox HIN was coming-up as 'Invalid" with their
computer interface.  My agent got around that by insuring it on "agree
value" and checking out a couple other comparable boats on Yachtworld. The
broker also mentioned that the HIN was unconventional but that's just the
way C&C did it on their 36 ft 34+  :-)

Please feel free to ask more on questions on the list or PM me for more
info on the boat, what to look for on a purchase, etc.

Good luck with it.

Regards,
-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA

Just had a survey done on a '90 34+ yesterday, looks good but one bit of
weirdness: the HIN has a "+" symbol in it, which HIN decoders say is
invalid.  The HIN starts off "ZCC34+"

Can anyone else with a 34+ verify that this is what their HIN looks like?

Thanks!

-Dave