I raced against that boat in the 70's (I was also on a C&C 39) when it was
owned by Bill Nelson.  When we passed them on the race course we would say "Oh
no Mr Bill" (a Saturday Night Live reference from the late 70's).

$15K is a great price that allows for repairing any wet balsa.  The sails and
newer engine would cost that much if one purchased a 39 with less maintenance
over the last 40 years.

If I was not already an owner of a 43 I would be on my way to look at the boat
with a bag of cash.

Martin

Calypso

1971 C&C43