>... move the nut one or two flats to keep them torqued.

This was my experience on Calypso's hull-to-deck joint also.  About 10% of the
bolts needed a few more flats worth of rotation maybe up to ¾ turn.

I did not need to hold the screw heads as the decades of salt water exposure
have effectively frozen them tight.  I was not able to tighten all the bolts as
some are buried in the fiberglass tabbing around bulkheads.  I am assuming
those have not loosened.

Martin DeYoung
Calypso
1971 C&C 43