Many recommend removing that “filter” (it is usually just a wire mesh screen).

Marek

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Glenn via
CnC-List
Sent: July-19-15 20:02
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Glenn
Subject: Re: Stus-List Diesel issues

If the fuel line has a filter on the end of it at the bottom of the fuel tank,
it can suck fuel until it clogs.  When it stopped sucking the fuel up (engine
stops), it unclogs and then sucks fuel to the combustion chamber again....until
it clogs again.  Obviously, the time of this process varies (as it has for
you).  If it doesn't have a fuel filter at the bottom of the fuel line in the
tank, then it is likely a clogged fuel filter elsewhere.  If you change the
fuel filter on the engine, and it keeps happening check the tank idea.  Some
Universal engines had that problem.

Good luck.

Glenn Gambel

Wind N Spirits, C&C 36