Hi Mike,

My guess is bad contacts on the switch. I am starting there as it is a
cheap and easy fix. Since it's a 25 year old switch that makes sense to
replace anyway.  I have noticed that the switch feels 'mushy" and it's
been doing the miss intermittently over the past 2-3 times I've used the
boat.    I am replacing mine this evening or tomorrow.

It's Yanmar part # 124070-91300

I ordered it from Marine Outfitters of Canada
http://www.marineoutfitters.ca/    1-888-732-8883

I "Had" to order it from Canada as Yanmar has territories in the US and
none of the authorized online guys seem to ship to Georgia. He has good
prices and a good selection too.  He's in Kingston.

I hope that does the trick.

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier

> Subject: Stus-List Starter
>
> I've noticed a few times this season that when i push the start button
for
> my Yanmar 2GM20F nothing happens. When I push it a second time, the
engine
> starts right up.
>
> What is the most efficient way of debugging this problem? Should I start
> up at the push button switch or at the solenoid?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike
> Atacama, 33 mkii
> Toronto
> Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
> Envoy? sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le r?seau de
Bell.