I have a digital recording studio in my house. You would be amazed at how much hardware, as well as software, from the trivial to the major, is not supported by Win10. What is the hurry? Let Win10 ripen for as long as possible until you actually need it. Then again, thank you to the impatient early adopters for jumping in early and finding the problems (the hard and painful way) that will be fixed a year or two from now. Some present hardware will never be supported. How many flatbed scanners went to the recycler when Win7 didn't support them, although they worked perfectly in XP?

Bill Bina

On 8/7/2015 5:41 AM, Steve Sharkey via CnC-List wrote:
I would expect that it would support a wide variety of hardware, but how
about programs that were loaded on your computer?  Quicken, video
editing, navigation programs, etc?
Steve
*From:* Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
*Sent:* Thursday, August 06, 2015 1:07 PM
*To:* cnc-list@cnc-list.com <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
*Cc:* Marek Dziedzic <mailto:dziedzi...@hotmail.com>
*Subject:* Re: Stus-List Off topic Windows 10
Generally, no (no need to do an upgrade).
Be careful, though, with anything requiring special drivers (GPS
receivers (they are all “special”), any extraordinary WLAN adapters
(e.g. some of the special “extended range” ones), any older (and
obsoleted) h/w (e.g. some older printers, scanners etc.), many security
devices (e.g. finger print readers).
Marek