Crom what I can ascertain is you have 2 filters, a large(primary)and a
smaller one (secondary). The secondary oil press. is the pressure for this
filter. The engine bleeds off some oil (5-10%) and sends it thru this filter
and back to the oil sump.The critical pressure is the primary. This is
regulated by the oil pressure relief valve (opens around 135psi) and by the
clearances in the engine. As the engine wears the oil press will drop. Before
changing your oil I would install an oil press guage 0 to 100psi should be
enough. See what your pressures are at, cold idle, warm idle, and cruise rpm.
Change the oil and filters then check again. This will tell you if the oil is
getting diluted. Although old oil will have a lower press than new, but not
more than 5-10psi. Feel free to contact me off list if you want.
    Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 just west of Ballard, WA.

------ Original message------From: Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List Date: Mon, Aug 10,
2015 13:50To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com;Cc: Hoyt, Mike;Subject:Re: Stus-List 3GM30F
Oil Pressure warning
ThanksPlease explain difference between primary and secondary
pressure.Mike________________________________________From: CnC-List
[cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] on behalf of svpegasu...@gmail.com via CnC-List
[cnc-list@cnc-list.com]Sent: August 10, 2015 5:48 PMTo:
cnc-list@cnc-list.comCc: svpegasus38@gmail.comSubject: Re: Stus-List 3GM30F Oil
Pressure warningMike, for your situation start with the secondary pressure. Not
having a manual in front of me. My guess this will give you pressure after the
filter. You should be able to detect a pressure drop across all rpm ranges. For
reference my 3qm30 pressure is 75 at idle after start. 65 at 2100 engine warm.
And 25 at ldle engine warm. Hope this helps.Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38just west
address:CnC-List@cnc-list.comTo change your list preferences, including
unsubscribing -- go to the bottom of page
at:http://cnc-list.com/mailman/listinfo/cnc-list_cnc-list.com