Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 23:00:54 +0000
From: Jim Reinardy <firewa...@reinardy.us>
To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>, <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Electronics upgrade

When I put in my B&G system I was surprised to figure out that not only
did it need a knot meter for TWD, it wanted a compass transducer as well.
The Zeus units won't use their internal COG data for the boat heading let
alone speed.
One other note about iPads.  I recently chartered an older boat on
vacation that only had an old 4" Garmin plotter below.  I used my IPad Air
successfully from the cockpit, but found that with the internal GPS on, it
was draining the battery even while plugged in.   Plus, plugging it in
near the VHF created interference on the radio that made it unusable. This
made me happy I have dedicated instruments!
Jim Reinardy C&C 30-2 "Firewater"Milwaukee, WI

Sent from Outlook