My rode is 3 strand which I spliced to the chain. I check the splice at the
beginning of the season. I have to pull it over the gypsy when hauling up the
anchor to prevent a jam up.
    Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 just west of Ballard, WA.

------ Original message------From: David Knecht via CnC-List Date: Mon, Aug 17,
2015 11:28To: CnC CnC discussion list;Cc: David Knecht;Subject:Re: Stus-List
Anchor roller
I have chain connected to the anchor so I am all chain at the point we are
talking about.  How do you attach a line to the chain at that point to be able
to tie it off?  I can see having a chain hook with a line that I leave in the
anchor locker, but it seems like it would be challenging to tie a line to the
chain one handed while supporting the anchor.  Doing all of this in rough
weather with the anchor swinging from the bow sounds like a recipe for
disaster.Is a windlass powerful enough to pull the stem over the roller?  One
additional question: how to people secure the anchor to the roller once it is
in place?  I used to use a pin, but after that got bent and the anchor could
not be deployed, I stopped using one on the recommendation of this list.  I now
run a small high tech line from the stem through a deck eye and back to the bow
cleat, but I wonder if a chain hook would be a better idea.Dave
Aries1990 C&C 34+New London, CT

On Aug 17, 2015, at 10:41 AM, Bill Hoyne via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>