I use two part spin sheets.  1/4 inch Dyneema stuffed into StaSet.  Strong
and light where need be and easy on the hands on the trimmer end.

Not sure anybody is still making them.  Many now use tapered sheets.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Eric Baumes via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> On my 34+ I fly an asym on a sprit. I use 3/8 for spin sheets. I have 1/4
> for light air.
>
> I would go minimum 3/8 and consider 7/16 for the 37+
>
> 2x boat length is correct for the asym. I used to fly a symmetrical and
> just repurposed those sheets. One of the guys is now the tackline which I
> ran aft to the cockpit.
>
> Before I got the sprit when flying a cruising chute I used the downhaul
> line but put a snatch block on the anchor roller to get the tack out ahead
> of the forstay.
>
> Eric
>
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Joel Aronson via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> Ron,
>>
>> For the symmetrical the 80' sheets you have should be long enough, but
>> they may be hard on the hands in a breeze.
>>
>> I use the spin pole downhaul as a tack line. I added a shackle to the bow
>> stem and move the snap shackle on the downhaul to the bow stem shackle.
>>
>> I know APS and others recommend longer sheets, but I don't see the need.
>> For the symmetrical they need to go from the headstay to the turning block,
>> around the winch and up to the trimmer.  50 may be short, but you would
>> only be using 9/16 if downwind in a blow, not on a reach.  The asym needs
>> to be the length of the foot of the chute, plus from the headstay to the
>> turning block around the winch and to the trimmer, or roughly 2x boat
>> length.​
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Joel
>> 35/3
>> Annapolis
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Ron Ricci via CnC-List <
>> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I’m wondering what size and length other owners use for sheets/guys for
>>> their spinnakers.   The FO left me a collection of lines and four
>>> spinnakers ( ½, ¾, 1-½ oz. symmetrical & cruising).
>>>

>>> It doesn’t appear that I have anything for my cruising spinnaker and
>>> will need both sheets and a tack line.  Depending upon where I look, it
>>> seems that I should have a sheet length between 80’ – 100’.  All I have is
>>> a 70’ ½” line.  Also, does anyone use parrel beads or an ATN tacker?
>>>

>>> For my symmetrical spinnakers, I have 2 guys 57’ x ½” which appear to be
>>> OK.   The sheets I have are 80’ x ¼”, 63’ x ½” and 50’ x 9/16”.   Except
>>> for the ¼” line, they all seem short.  Mauri Pro sells sheets that are 92’