From: Barbara Hickson Fellers via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2015 9:33 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Barbara Hickson Fellers
Subject: Stus-List Raw water intake fouling A4

     Joe My set up is the same on my A4, a 90degree elbow from the thruhull.
Not ideal but it is what it is. If you can change it to a straight, I'm sure
that would help with the flow, but any Groco filter that will fit your space
should be a good improvement for catching jellyfish, grasses, etc. The
canisters are clear and you can see any debris that collects in there. At your
next haulout, you may consider adding a strainer to the exterior of the
hullside inlet. I don't have one, but it couldn't hurt. Many of the owners here
have converted to diesels but Moyer Marine has an awesome forum for A4 owners.
I love my A4, she's original to my '76 33-1 and runs like a Roman soldier. I've
done a lot of maintenance on my A4, message me if you have any questions.