From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Robert
Gallagher via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:16 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Robert Gallagher
Subject: Stus-List Raw water intake fouling A4

I went from a 30-1 with an A-4 to a 30-2 with a Yanmar 2gm20F.

My AF had no 90 elbow from the seacock.  No internal strainer, just the little
colander screwed to the outside of the hull.

My Yanmar has the 90 degree elbow, internal strainer, no pasta strainer on the
outside.

Well, last week I started motoring and the Temp alarm went off.  I shut it down
and checked the internal strainer and it was clean enough.  Started the engine,
no temp alarm but I could see straight away no water coming through the exhaust.

Pulled off the hose and opened the seacock...barely a dribble.

Pulled off the elbow and I could see seaweed jammed up in there.  The top of
the 90 deg. elbow has a threaded plug so I removed that.  Still had a job
getting the jammed up weed out with needle nose and a screwdriver.

Thinking of putting an external strainer on the intake this winter....

Good idea or NOT so good?????

Rob

C&C 30 MKII

Hanuman