Navionics is discontinuing Boating HD?  I haven't heard anything of this.
Do you mean just the HD version? Navionics is very much alive and working
on my tablet.

I bought the non-HD version for my N10, because it was cheaper and the
resolution is just fine. Plus I share it across my Android phone and 2nd
tablet (an N7).