From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Joel Aronson
via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:58 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Joel Aronson
Subject: Re: Stus-List OpenCPN question

Dennis,

Install OpenCPN and then tell it where the charts are.

The plugins for tides, currents, weather are great!  I have not used the
weather routing plug in.

BTW, the developers seem to hang out on
cruisersforum.com<http://cruisersforum.com>.  There are many helpful threads
these.  We used OpenCpn at the nav table to/from Newport.

Joel

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Dennis C. via CnC-List
I was looking at the OpenCPN website, it looks nice and may have more
functionality than Seaclear.  My question is: I already have the NOAA BSB
charts I want downloaded and in a folder on the laptops.  Can I download
OpenCPN and copy the charts into its chart folder?  Or does OpenCPN allow me to
point it to the Seaclear chart folder?

(BTW, I have waaaay too many GPS units!  In addition to Navionics on 2 iPhones
and 2 Android tablets, I have Seaclear on a couple of laptops with a GlobalSat
BU-353 GPS adaptor.  All work great but are primarily backups to the
Chartplotter at the helm and text only GPS at the navstation.  Also have a
handheld GPS and a VHF with GPS. That's a total of 10 GPS units.  Sheesh!)
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

Joel