Hi Scott
If it is manufactured the same way as the 35-3 rudder, the answer is:
glass shell, with a welded frame on the stock, filled with foam.

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2015-09-11 4:31 PM, Scott via CnC-List wrote:

Rudder has had water inside since before I bought it four years ago, drilling
in the fall reveals rusty water , so I'm thinking of pulling it to work on over
the winter. Anyone know what they are comprised of inside? Solid glass, foam
core , solid blade , open grid welded ? Thanks for any insight, just curious
before I perform surgery on it,
Thanks Scott

Sent from my iPhone